Monday, November 25, 2013

A day in: Trogir, Croatia

Trogir was a day trip for me. It was just a 30min bus ride from Split and is another UNESCO World Heritage Site, so I figured it would be worth the day.

I took an early bus up to explore. It was so nice. I allowed myself to get lost in the streets. Dipping in and out of private residences (I'm a rebel) to get shots of the beautiful staircases and gardens.

I explored an old fort. It was neat. I was the only one there. It's actually used as a movie theatre now. I think that it was a little over-priced, but it did have nice views!
I did the obligatory visits to the Church, and the Bell Tower, of course. I was able to get a lemonade by the waterside and do some writing. The lemonade was not very good. Too tart for this ginger. But the people watching was prime.

At this point, It had only been a couple of hours. I grabbed an icecream (when in doubt, eat ice cream!) and found myself inside a little shelter in the main square. As I was about to leave, the cutest couple came in- a bride and groom!! They were taking wedding photos. I gave the bride a congratulatory smile. She was stunning and had a beautiful dress. I stayed to watch their photographer take some photos.

After this, I took a stroll through the market, but found myself with nothing left to do. I had planned on taking the 4pm bus back and it was just past 1:30pm. I found myself a private little beach to relax on, before heading back.

As I was walking back to the bus station, I saw this sign:
Homemade wine and olive oil. I want to come back and buy it all.

While Trogir was beautiful, I would only recommend you go for 2-3 hours. It is tiny and you can do EVERYTHING and take your time wandering in that time, easily.


No comments:

Post a Comment