Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Zadar, Croatia

By the time Tuesday came, I had begun to feel like a Split veteran. I wasn't looking forward to my trip to Zadar.
I arrived lost and lonely after a four hour bus ride.

I was stressed.

When I finally made it to the hostel, I felt like I was in a fun house:

I decided that the only way to remedy my sadness was to go for a little jaunt.

That changed everything.

Zadar old town was beautiful.

My hostel was right in the middle of the action- the very centre of the old town. I could see the sea from my hostel bed. Yup. Heaven.

I headed up to the North Western point of the island to experience the number one reason that I chose Zadar: the Sea Organ.

I had read about the Sea Organ when researching my trip, but no article prepared me for the magic.

I don't even know that I could ever describe it to you adequately.
It was peaceful, calming, magical, exciting, relaxing, and just so magnetic.

I often just spent my free time there. I LOVED the Sea Organ. It was easily the best part of my trip.

I will upload a video to Facebook so you can be so jealous!

Zadar was awesome. I made a new friend, Tracey, from Yukon. I went to a glass museum, markets, visited churches, saw the 'Silver and Gold of Zadar', walked around without any hesitation at night, read a book about sex trafficking (not recommended when travelling solo!), sat on many a wharf, walked through parks, ate ice cream, and started to see myself as a travelling gypsy.
Zadar was even better than Split. Be sure to go. And don't miss the sea organ. Go at sunset and then again late at night. Take a book or a journal and just be your own best friend.



2 comments:

  1. Zadar has actually progressed into a well-established tourist destination admired by many throughout the Europe. Brimming with stylish churches, ancient monuments, plazas and museums, it leaves tourists wanting for nothing when it comes to advanced sightseeing. The best period to come to Zadar is from early April to mid - October. More info about events and accommodation can be found at http://zadar-apartments.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I couldn't agree more, Ira! Zadar was stunning and I am counting down the days until I can return!

      Delete