Monday, November 18, 2013

Croatia/Croatie

Let's just take a moment and appreciate how STUNNING Croatia is. I mean 110% beautiful and cultural and Mediterranean (even though it's on the Adriatic...).


I spent my first couple of days in Split, and then I was off to Trogir, Zadar, and Bol.

This week (and even some of next) will see posts on all of Croatia. The history, art, and natural beauty.

I remember the first time that I heard about Croatia.

I remember seeing a letter addressed to Croatia when I worked at the Post Office (013196 for life!). A man dropped it off. I wish I could remember who he was so that I could thank him for peaking my interest in Croatia.

Then, last year, while cruising with the Rossiter family, I met a lad from Croatia (Croatie in French). He was one of our waiters and his name was Damir.

Damir is the blonde lad on the far right, behind Tammy!

When I was in Croatia, I was able to challenge myself in new ways. I was able to look back on my life and decisions thus far and just think about it. I had time to sit on a beach or on a bench or in an ancient Palace and just write. I began to remember why I used to love to write.


Croatia was a time of soul searching and reflecting for me. It was the loveliest week and I am beyond excited to share it with all of you.


Let's hope that as I begin to type out my love for this new country and my travels, that you will be able to really feel like you are there. Or at least wish that you were with me.

I'll let you in on a little secret- I'm a fun travel buddy ;)

2 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's in Zadar! I will have a full post dedicated to that one spot soon :) It was my favourite part of the trip!

      Delete