Wednesday, October 16, 2013

Language Assistant Survival Kit

Today is the big day. I start to teach!

Last week I received a gift from a few of the English teachers. They are all so sweet.

Here is what they gave me- my Language Assistant Survival Kit:


1. A note pad- to keep notes on my lessons and write down all of my brilliant ideas

2. Files- so I can keep all my documents together for my various classes. One for Seconde (Grade 10), one for Primaire (Grade 11), and one for Terminale (Grade 12)

3. An Agenda to keep track of all of my classes and appointments

4. A ruler- all of the French students have one and they use them regularly! My teacher told me that I can use it to cross off everything once it's done, because finishing something is a GREAT feeling

5. Post-it notes- essential for every person. ever. I used these all summer and I cannot explain how much I appreciate the big pack that she gave me

6. Various pens (in all colours) and a mechanical pencil

7. Permanent markers for the overhead projector (which they simply call the OHP)

8. Magnets to hang things up (like my Canadian flag and map)

9. Timer- they've all told me that this timer will be my best friend and is the base item that I need. I can use it to time activities, in games, or to keep myself on track!

I think that I am ready to use all of these. The teachers here are so fabulous and helpful. They make me excited to start teaching, But I am also so nervous. I have my lesson for today, but I am still worried. What if the students don't talk? What if they talk too much? What if they don't respect me? Today will be an adventure. One that I am ready for. I think ;)

1 comment:

  1. You should also have paper stubs with your number to hand out haha

    ReplyDelete